Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pretty In Pink

Art called me at work yesterday and asked if I would get a sweater for Lizzie.  Lizzie spends the day with Art in his truck and even though he leaves the heater on for her, on days that the temperature is below zero he's worried she gets cold.  He then added, "Be sure it's something pretty."




I'm pretty sure Art and Lizzie are in love with each other. When Art is driving Lizzie sits right next to him and he puts his arm around her like she's his girlfriend. While I'm happy that they get along so well and that Art finally has a 'shop dog', I'm starting to feel like the second fiddle; only if Art is not around does Lizzie pay attention to me.  Last week Art came inside from doing chores and went upstairs to change.  Shortly after I let Lizzie back inside and she did a full lap and a half around the main floor of the house looking for Art. When she heard him upstairs she rain up to find him- she completely ignored me even though I hadn't seen her all day. These pictures demonstrate what happens when Art lets her inside and then goes back out to get wood, feed cows, etc. She just sits there with a sad face looking at the door until Art comes back inside.  When we watch TV she sits on his lap. Last night he said to Lizzie (both dogs sleep on their own beds in our room) "Good night Lizzie, hugs and kisses!"  Seriously.

Needless to say, Lizzie is settling in quite well.

No comments: