Saturday, May 21, 2011



I always love this time of year when the flowers are blooming and the birds are chirping. This little guy came out of his nest this morning and was hopping around the yard. I am pretty sure he can fly if he really puts his mind to it, but a part of me worries that he will get eaten by something. There's not anything I can do for him except let nature take it's course.



When I was in Kalona a couple of weeks ago I went against my better judgment and bought some beautiful daisies. They are annuals and I never plant annuals because I think it's a waste of time and money to care for something that isn't even going to come back the next season. But I couldn't resist these African daisies- they're different shapes and shades of purple, which is my favorite color and why almost every flower I have is some shade of violet. My mom planted some daisies a few years ago and they keep coming back, so maybe I'll get lucky and mine will, too!

No comments: