Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree... Sort of.

A few years ago I didn't put up our Christmas tree because we were so busy and weren't going to be around much to enjoy it. And every year since I have had the best intentions to put it up but have always had some excuse not to. This year I faced the truth- I was too lazy to put up the Christmas tree. And I loved our Christmas tree- I searched forever online to find the perfect silver tinsel tree. But we don't have a good place for it (that space now taken up by plants that have gotten too large) and it's just Art and I. We don't entertain during the holidays (mainly because it's chilly in our house and, while we like it, we're pretty sure no one else would). So I sold the tinsel tree and made a bauble tree. My grandparents had given me a bunch of old Christmas ornaments and I started with those. The best part about the bauble tree is that all I have to do is pull it out of the box next year and Boom! Christmas tree is up!
(Although Art has asked me a few times how I intent to put lights on it)
 










 I will say that the pictures really don't do it justice. It's so much prettier in real life and you can really see the vintage bird ornaments.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!




No comments: